Thursday, July 18, 2013

Google's Cutts: Be Careful Linking Many Sites Together

Yesterday, Google's Matt Cutts posted a video answerto the question "If I have 20 domains, should I link them all together?"
linking
The short answer is, most likely no - you should not link them all together.
As I explained at Search Engine Land with my article titles Google's Matt Cutts: Linking 20 Domains Together Likely A "Cross Linking Scheme" - it may be considered by Google as a cross linking scheme - at least those are the words used by Matt Cutts.
Here is the video:
As you can see, the overall theme and feeling you get from Matt is that it is typically a bad idea.
So the next question I will hear is what about linking 18 sites, or 15 sites, or what about 10 or 5 sites together. I love those questions. Those asking those questions are linking the sites for one purpose, ranking.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your cautious writing. I appreciate it. Here I would like to introduce my favorite SEO tool to you. It's ColibriTool. It will analyze hundreds of your competitors and find niches for your online business. It provides checking facilities of your position and performances. Many SEO experts are using this tool. Want to try? Just be here.http://colibritool.com

    ReplyDelete